Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- Why Do Most Galaxies Die? It's A Case Of Strangulation, Scientists Say
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- Harriet Tubman Wins Unofficial Contest To Be On $20 Bill
- Start It Up Episode 22: UTC Chancellor Steve Angle Partners with Startup Community
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.