Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Robbie Harris is based in Blacksburg, covering the New River Valley and southwestern Virginia.
The former news director of WBEZ/ Chicago Public Radio and WHYY in Philadelphia, she led award-winning news teams and creative projects. Early in her career, she was the Humanities Reporter at New Hampshire Public Radio, and also served as a tape editor on Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Robbie worked at New Jersey Public Television and WCAU/CBS TV in Philadelphia while she pursued her Master's Degree at the University of Pennsylvania. During college, she was a Page at Saturday Night Live in New York and a reporter and program host for Cross Country Cable Television in Somerville, NJ. Robbie also worked at the Rutgers College Radio Station, WRSU and was part of the team which founded "Knight Time Television" at the university.