Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
10-Year-Old Son Gets Dad Help For Bee Stings
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 9:01 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Underoos are those underwear for kids that look like superhero costumes. Well, one hero in Michigan did not have to pretend. Ten-year-old A.J. Hieber found his father sobbing in the bathroom. Turns out his severely allergic dad had been stung by bees while mowing the lawn. A.J. jumped on his bike in plain old underwear. He rode several blocks and found his mom. Neighbors were a bit surprised by the whole scene, but A.J.'s dad said his brave young son saved his life. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.