Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Around the Nation
10-Year-Old Son Gets Dad Help For Bee Stings
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 9:01 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Underoos are those underwear for kids that look like superhero costumes. Well, one hero in Michigan did not have to pretend. Ten-year-old A.J. Hieber found his father sobbing in the bathroom. Turns out his severely allergic dad had been stung by bees while mowing the lawn. A.J. jumped on his bike in plain old underwear. He rode several blocks and found his mom. Neighbors were a bit surprised by the whole scene, but A.J.'s dad said his brave young son saved his life. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.