Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
On 11/2, 'Gems For Hope' Benefits Walter E. Boehm Birth Defects Center
The Walter E. Boehm Birth Defects Center is holding its 2nd Annual Gems For Hope on Saturday, November 2, at 6:30 p.m. at the Chattanooga Golf & Country Club. The event commemorates the center’s 50th anniversary. Gems Of Hope features a silent and live auction of jewelry, gemstones, minerals, watches, and a trip to visit the Tourmaline Mines in San Diego, CA. All proceeds benefit the Boehm Center, which helps children born with brain and spinal column defects.