Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
2011 Riverbend: Grady Champion Says He's Grateful For The Blues
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Champion is a singer from Mississippi. Monday night, at the Bessie Smith Strut, he played a very energetic set. He hopped off the stage, danced with the crowd, played the harmonica... at one point, Champion even sat down in a random audience member's folding chair. Some people didn't know what to think... the singer, stealing some random person's chair. The audience laughed, and had never seen anything like it.
Hear an excerpt of Champion's performance.