Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- How Candidates Announce Can Say A Lot About Their Campaigns
2011 Riverbend: Grady Champion Says He's Grateful For The Blues
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Champion is a singer from Mississippi. Monday night, at the Bessie Smith Strut, he played a very energetic set. He hopped off the stage, danced with the crowd, played the harmonica... at one point, Champion even sat down in a random audience member's folding chair. Some people didn't know what to think... the singer, stealing some random person's chair. The audience laughed, and had never seen anything like it.
Hear an excerpt of Champion's performance.