Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
3rd Grade Challenge
Chattanooga's Education Arts and Culture is launching the 3rd Grade Challenge, an initiative to improve literacy by working to bring every child to a 3rd grade reading level at or before 3rd grade.
Volunteers are needed to read to children, work with children, sponsor books, and help improve literacy in the community. This initiative is part of the "What's going on?" movement designed to improve literacy and address social issues with youth. Contact the department of Education Arts and Culture to volunteer.