Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
3rd Grade Challenge
Chattanooga's Education Arts and Culture is launching the 3rd Grade Challenge, an initiative to improve literacy by working to bring every child to a 3rd grade reading level at or before 3rd grade.
Volunteers are needed to read to children, work with children, sponsor books, and help improve literacy in the community. This initiative is part of the "What's going on?" movement designed to improve literacy and address social issues with youth. Contact the department of Education Arts and Culture to volunteer.