Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
3rd Grade Challenge
Chattanooga's Education Arts and Culture is launching the 3rd Grade Challenge, an initiative to improve literacy by working to bring every child to a 3rd grade reading level at or before 3rd grade.
Volunteers are needed to read to children, work with children, sponsor books, and help improve literacy in the community. This initiative is part of the "What's going on?" movement designed to improve literacy and address social issues with youth. Contact the department of Education Arts and Culture to volunteer.