Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
3rd Grade Challenge
Chattanooga's Education Arts and Culture is launching the 3rd Grade Challenge, an initiative to improve literacy by working to bring every child to a 3rd grade reading level at or before 3rd grade.
Volunteers are needed to read to children, work with children, sponsor books, and help improve literacy in the community. This initiative is part of the "What's going on?" movement designed to improve literacy and address social issues with youth. Contact the department of Education Arts and Culture to volunteer.