Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
3rd Grade Challenge
Chattanooga's Education Arts and Culture is launching the 3rd Grade Challenge, an initiative to improve literacy by working to bring every child to a 3rd grade reading level at or before 3rd grade.
Volunteers are needed to read to children, work with children, sponsor books, and help improve literacy in the community. This initiative is part of the "What's going on?" movement designed to improve literacy and address social issues with youth. Contact the department of Education Arts and Culture to volunteer.