Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
60x60 at UTC
60x60 presents 60 seconds of 60 contemporary composer's work in 60 minutes and will be performed at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga on Monday, January 28, 2013.
The performance includes video and a huge analog clock center stage while miniature compositions from contemporary composers fill the hall. Each 60x60 event is created specific to individual performances. New York based composer Robert Voisey began the project in 2003 and has collected more than a thousand pieces over the years. Music style range from neo-classic, rock, jazz, ambient, environmental, text-sound, experimental, folk, basically just about anything and everything in the contemporary music scene. Monday's performance of 60x60 is presented with the support of the Ruth Holmberg Chair in American Music and the UTC Music Department. The event is free and open to the public.