Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
On Pins and Needles
Acupuncture for Your Dog. Yes, Your Dog.
Dr. Colleen Smith practices holistic medicine. That is, she uses chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, and other alternative practices along with traditional medicine. And she treats unusual patients: dogs and cats. Sometimes even goats. But how can you ask an animal if these treatments actually work?
Editor's note: Until recently, Dr. Smith worked at Animal Hospital of Signal Mountain. But since this story was produced, she left to open her own practice on Main Street, Chattanooga Holistic Animal Institute.