Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Afghan Peace Council Charged With Bringing Taliban Into The Fold
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 7:33 am
Reporting from Afghanistan, Morning Edition's Renee Montagne talks to Salahuddin Rabbani. President Hamid Karzai recently appointed him chairman of the High Peace Council, which is tasked with negotiating with the Taliban. Rabbani replaced his father who was assassinated last year by a suspected Taliban member.