Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Alaska Man To Make Uninhabited Island His Home
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am
Charles Baird will be alone on the island for one year. He'll able to send short text messages, but won't be receiving any. By freeing himself from all media, he expects to have enough time to make a documentary about himself.