Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Alaska Man To Make Uninhabited Island His Home
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am
Charles Baird will be alone on the island for one year. He'll able to send short text messages, but won't be receiving any. By freeing himself from all media, he expects to have enough time to make a documentary about himself.