Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Alpine Championship Attracts Finger Wrestlers
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Legend has it that in Bavaria, finger wrestling once settled disputes. Well, now it's about bragging rights. A German news site, The Local, reports that 150 men turned out for the Alpine Finger Wrestling Championship. Some were decked out in lederhosen, those Bavarian shorts and suspenders. Think tug-of-war, but in this case each competitor locks a finger through a leather loop, the goal: to drag your opponent across the table. And you thought thumb wars were violent. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.