Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Charlie Daniels Band and Overland Express
The American Dream Concert
The Charlie Daniels Band and Overland Express will perform at The American Dream concert May 2, 2013 at Historic Engel Stadium on the eve of the nation's longest running Armed Forces Day parade in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Veterans' Entrepreneurship Program (VEP) at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The VEP provides a year long program for veterans that includes an 8 day "boot camp" focused on business start-up and growth ventures. Program participants receive training to help them take dreams of opening their own business closer to reality.
This is the first non-sports related event at Historic Engle Stadium and will feature a color guard, guest speakers from Veterans that have already completed the program, and musical guests Overland Express opening for The Charlie Daniels Band. Tickets are available at the concert. Gates open at 6:00 and the concert begins at 7:00.