Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
American Trails National Symposium Begins This Weekend
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The 20th American Trails National Symposium will be held in Chattanooga November 14-17. American Trails is a national nonprofit organization that promotes recreational trails all across America. Through education, networking, advocacy and resources American Trails works with federal, state, regional and local agencies and organizations to help design and build sustainable trail systems. The organization works with all types of recreational trails including hiking, bicycling, mountain biking, horseback riding, water trails, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, trail motorcycling, ATVs, snowmobiling and four-wheeling.