Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
The Biggest and Baddest Bomb
Americans Sure Do Love Fireworks
Next Wednesday is the Fourth of July, and for many Americans that means fireworks.
Big Daddy's Fireworks in Guild, Tennessee is celebrating their twentieth Independence Day this year. The store has been in business since 1993. Big Daddy's sells consumer fireworks of all kinds. They have smaller fireworks such as bottle rockets, sparklers, Roman candles, but they also have bigger fireworks too. Any tube fountains containing 500 grams (or less) of pyrotechnic materials are sold. According to the American Pyrotechnics Association, Tennessee is one of only 19 states that allow these types of fireworks to be sold to American consumers.
Last year, Americans spent over 600 million on consumer fireworks.