Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
The Biggest and Baddest Bomb
Americans Sure Do Love Fireworks
Next Wednesday is the Fourth of July, and for many Americans that means fireworks.
Big Daddy's Fireworks in Guild, Tennessee is celebrating their twentieth Independence Day this year. The store has been in business since 1993. Big Daddy's sells consumer fireworks of all kinds. They have smaller fireworks such as bottle rockets, sparklers, Roman candles, but they also have bigger fireworks too. Any tube fountains containing 500 grams (or less) of pyrotechnic materials are sold. According to the American Pyrotechnics Association, Tennessee is one of only 19 states that allow these types of fireworks to be sold to American consumers.
Last year, Americans spent over 600 million on consumer fireworks.