Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Atlanta to Chattanooga at Super Speeds
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The Georgia Department of Transportation is continuing with plans to develop a high-speed ground rail system between Atlanta and Chattanooga. The transportation system is still in the development stage. In November the GDOT hosted a public meeting in Chattanooga to discuss proposed routes for the Atlanta to Chattanooga Corridor and provide information on the current status on the proposed high-speed rail.
The proposed high-speed ground rail transportation system will connect Chattanooga to Atlanta and the proposed routes include stops in several communities between. Currently the project is in the planning stages. The team has narrowed the route choices and is currently keeping the public informed about the project as well as inviting public comments.