Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Atlanta to Chattanooga at Super Speeds
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The Georgia Department of Transportation is continuing with plans to develop a high-speed ground rail system between Atlanta and Chattanooga. The transportation system is still in the development stage. In November the GDOT hosted a public meeting in Chattanooga to discuss proposed routes for the Atlanta to Chattanooga Corridor and provide information on the current status on the proposed high-speed rail.
The proposed high-speed ground rail transportation system will connect Chattanooga to Atlanta and the proposed routes include stops in several communities between. Currently the project is in the planning stages. The team has narrowed the route choices and is currently keeping the public informed about the project as well as inviting public comments.