Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
Atlanta to Chattanooga at Super Speeds
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The Georgia Department of Transportation is continuing with plans to develop a high-speed ground rail system between Atlanta and Chattanooga. The transportation system is still in the development stage. In November the GDOT hosted a public meeting in Chattanooga to discuss proposed routes for the Atlanta to Chattanooga Corridor and provide information on the current status on the proposed high-speed rail.
The proposed high-speed ground rail transportation system will connect Chattanooga to Atlanta and the proposed routes include stops in several communities between. Currently the project is in the planning stages. The team has narrowed the route choices and is currently keeping the public informed about the project as well as inviting public comments.