Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Atlanta to Chattanooga at Super Speeds
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The Georgia Department of Transportation is continuing with plans to develop a high-speed ground rail system between Atlanta and Chattanooga. The transportation system is still in the development stage. In November the GDOT hosted a public meeting in Chattanooga to discuss proposed routes for the Atlanta to Chattanooga Corridor and provide information on the current status on the proposed high-speed rail.
The proposed high-speed ground rail transportation system will connect Chattanooga to Atlanta and the proposed routes include stops in several communities between. Currently the project is in the planning stages. The team has narrowed the route choices and is currently keeping the public informed about the project as well as inviting public comments.