Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Pediatric Injury Prevention
Avoiding Injury by Toy
Erlanger's Safe and Sound program promotes pediatric injury prevention through education. The excitement and distraction of Christmas increases the chance of an accident that might cause injury to a child.
Parents need to be particularly diligent with their children's care at this time of year. There may be choking hazards from small toys or batteries. Ensure toys are age appropriate and small children do not have access to older siblings toys that may prove dangerous. If you are unsure if a toy is safe for a young child consult the Consumer Produce Safety Commission. Broken holiday ornaments and decorations should be cleaned up immediately to avoid little fingers placing sparking bits into tiny mouths. Even your holiday meals might cause problems with unusual food and the potential of hard candies or solid nuts in the fare. It is very easy to get caught up in the bustle and excitement of the holiday. Be sure to take special care of the little ones to make sure your holiday memories are bright.