Most Active Stories
- Into The Woods Entertains Audience at Chattanooga Theatre Centre
- Catching A Southern Coyote, Then Letting It Go In The Name Of Science
- FCC Could Allow EPB to Expand Gigabit Internet Service
- Please Pledge Your Support Today. We’ll Give You Something Extra.
- Start It Up Episode 16: GPS Goes Mad, Bad, and Dangerous!
Arts & Culture
Barking Legs Theater Is Raising Funds and Rebuilding
Barking Legs Theater was originally intended to be a dance workshop and performance space. Ann Law had already had a long career as a dancer when she and her husband, Dr. Bruce Kaplan, moved to Chattanooga in the early 1990’s. But within a few years Bruce and his partner, George Bright, began using the theater for acoustic music concerts. Since then it has become a showcase for all forms of music, dance and theater. But the aging building had some problems and so they decided to try and raise some money to repair some of the more pressing problems. But like many rehab projects it grew into a much larger undertaking as Richard Winham discovered when he went over to Dodds Avenue to talk to Bruce and Ann about their plans for the building.