Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Baylor Women Are Perfectly Great; Finish Season 40-0, Win NCAA Title
Originally published on Wed April 4, 2012 7:08 am
Looking not just to win the NCAA Division I women's basketball championship, but also to be the first team to win 40 games in one season and to do it without a single loss on the way, the Baylor Lady Bears achieved all that last night with an 80-61 win over Notre Dame.
Superstar Brittney Griner again led Baylor. She had 26 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks.
On Morning Edition, NPR's Tom Goldman said Griner — "a 6-foot, 8-inch phenom" — was just too much for Notre Dame. She was named the tournament's outstanding player.