Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Baylor Women Are Perfectly Great; Finish Season 40-0, Win NCAA Title
Originally published on Wed April 4, 2012 7:08 am
Looking not just to win the NCAA Division I women's basketball championship, but also to be the first team to win 40 games in one season and to do it without a single loss on the way, the Baylor Lady Bears achieved all that last night with an 80-61 win over Notre Dame.
Superstar Brittney Griner again led Baylor. She had 26 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks.
On Morning Edition, NPR's Tom Goldman said Griner — "a 6-foot, 8-inch phenom" — was just too much for Notre Dame. She was named the tournament's outstanding player.