Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Wayne White's Whimsy
'Beauty Is Embarrassing' Star Drops By WUTC
The documentary Beauty Is Embarrassing tells Wayne White's story. White, who grew up in Hixson in the 1970's, longed to leave Chattanooga and become an artist. After college, he moved to New York City and wound up as an Emmy-winning set designer and puppeteer on Pee-Wee's Playhouse. He also was the art director for Peter Gabriel's Big Time music video.
In this extended interview, White talks to WUTC's Richard Winham and Garrett Crowe about the "Pee-Wee generation" and the lasting impact of his art. The documentary will be screened at Chattanooga's Wynnsong 10 theater from Oct 12th - 18th. White will talk to fans after the 6:50 p.m. screenings on Saturday and Sunday.