Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.