Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Around the Nation
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.