Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Around the Nation
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.