Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
Save A Life
Blood Assurance Needs Your Blood. Now.
The blood supply in the Chattanooga area is lower than it should be, and it’s been that way all year. Blood Assurance collects blood for more than 50 health care facilities in the region. And they say that donations tend to drop off in the winter. Mary Helen Miller visited the Blood Assurance donation center and lab at the Chattanooga headquarters. She got some first-hand insight into the blood shortage in the area.