Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Around the Nation
Blood Center Rewards Donor With Super Bowl Tickets
Originally published on Mon January 30, 2012 7:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Carol Sikler has spent years repaying a debt. Her husband needed blood during treatment before he died in 2003. Since then, Ms. Sikler has donated blood again and again - more than 140 units. And now she gets a reward. The Indiana Blood Center gave her tickets to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis. She will attend, though this is not a perfect ending. She's an Indianapolis Colts fan and they won't make the game, having finished the season 2-14. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.