Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Around the Nation
Blood Center Rewards Donor With Super Bowl Tickets
Originally published on Mon January 30, 2012 7:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Carol Sikler has spent years repaying a debt. Her husband needed blood during treatment before he died in 2003. Since then, Ms. Sikler has donated blood again and again - more than 140 units. And now she gets a reward. The Indiana Blood Center gave her tickets to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis. She will attend, though this is not a perfect ending. She's an Indianapolis Colts fan and they won't make the game, having finished the season 2-14. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.