Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
The Chattanooga Market is starting a new tradition this summer in celebration of blueberries.
The Blueberry Festival will feature local blueberry farms with fruit and blueberry bushes for sale. A good old fashioned blueberry pie eating contest is planned with pies provided by the Fork and Pie Bar. Five contestants will compete on the half hour to see who can finish a blueberry pie first but the catch is they cannot use hands at all. To sign up for the blueberry pie eating contest check in at the Chattanooga Market desk at the entrance to the market. The Chattanooga Market is Sunday, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at the First Tennessee Pavilion on Carter Street.