Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
BRA-VO! Fashion Show 4/6 Celebrates Life After Breast Cancer
WUTC's Virginia Daniels speaks with Tonya Gentry about upcoming fashion show for breast cancer survivors, BRA-VO! All the models in the show are breast cancer survivors.
From a media release:
Breast cancer survivors, medical professionals and caregivers will unite the second annual “BRA-VO!” a special evening bringing together people who have had breast cancer or know of someone affected by breast cancer. This event will celebrate the lives of breast cancer survivors, while honoring those who have fallen victim to the disease. The “BRA-VO!” fundraiser benefits Breast Cancer Support Services, a Chattanooga based nonprofit. Runway show begins Sunday, April 6, 2014, at 2:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m. Reservations are $40 in advance and $45 at the door. This unique fashion show features Chattanooga area breast cancer survivors as models, wearing spring and summer fashions from local boutiques. The event also hosts a truffle sale full of surprises with delicious truffles from the Chocolate Box. Reservations can be made by sending a check to Breast Cancer Support Services 1400 McCallie Avenue, Suite 110, Chattanooga, TN 37404; or (423) 629-2445, or online at www.bcss-chattanooga.org or