Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
'Breakfast Club' Performing at GEM 6/21
From a media release:
The Breakfast Club®, the longest running, most recognized ‘80’s tribute band in
the United States, return to the GEM Theatre in Calhoun Sat., June 21 at 7:30 p.m. Breakfast will be served at the Velo Vineyard immediately following the concert.
The Atlanta-based group, formed in 1993 and the first of its kind, was created to embody the unique spirit of music performances of the original MTV generation of the 80’s with live vocals and music of the period. That mission remains today.
The band is comprised of DavayRay on vocals and guitars; Jerry Finley: vocals, keyboards and drums; Matt Hutchins: drums and guitar, and Matt Burns: bass and vocals. Performers in The Breakfast Club® have shared the stage with Whitesnake, The Romantics, Poison, Drivin’nCryin’, Hootie and the Blowfish, White Lion, and many others.
Tickets are $12.00 for GEM members and $15.00 for all others and can be purchased at the Theatre, by phone at 770-548-0054 or online at www.calhoungem.org.