Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Bridge Designers Envision Giant Trampolines
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 5:53 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Why walk across a bridge when you can bounce across it? That's what one architecture firm had in mind with its concept for a new bridge in Paris. It looks like a puffy white snake that would cross the River Seine. Pedestrians would bound across the famed river on three giant inflatable trampolines. The idea took third place in a design competition, but, as of now, it is still in the concept phase. Some people might hope that's exactly where it stays. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.