Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Games & Humor
British Awards Honor Year's Best Jokes
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with some British humor. A magazine sponsored the LAFTA Awards, honoring the year's best jokes. What's the British sense of humor? Glad you asked. Consider this line from Matt Kirshen: I was playing chess with my friend and he said let's make this more interesting, so we stopped playing chess. And then there is the joke of the year at the LAFTA Awards from comedian Tim Vine, who said conjunctivitis.com, now there's a site for sore eyes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.