Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
British Burger Is Hot, Red Hot
Originally published on Wed December 5, 2012 9:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Get them while they're hot - seriously, red hot. A new burger in Britain is topped with chilies that pack 40 times the heat of your average Tabasco sauce. The Fallout Burger is on sale at Atomic Burger in Bristol. It registers a million on the Scoville Scale. Scientists use that to determine chili heat. Who knew? To eat the burger, you've got to be over 18 and wear protective gloves. And I also wouldn't wipe your eyes after you take your first bite. Mm. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.