Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
British Burger Is Hot, Red Hot
Originally published on Wed December 5, 2012 9:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Get them while they're hot - seriously, red hot. A new burger in Britain is topped with chilies that pack 40 times the heat of your average Tabasco sauce. The Fallout Burger is on sale at Atomic Burger in Bristol. It registers a million on the Scoville Scale. Scientists use that to determine chili heat. Who knew? To eat the burger, you've got to be over 18 and wear protective gloves. And I also wouldn't wipe your eyes after you take your first bite. Mm. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.