Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
British Parliament Member Gets Stuck In Restroom
Originally published on Fri July 18, 2014 8:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Michael Gove, a member of Britain's Parliament, might be feeling a little flushed. He got stuck in the bathroom on Wednesday, his first full day as chief whip - that's the person in charge of making sure members of his party are in place to vote the right way. Now, a colleague came to Gove's defense, pointing out that knowing who is using the toilet at any moment is part of the whip's job, so he was likely just carrying out his duties. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.