Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Briton Walks On Water In Human Hampster Wheel
Originally published on Fri September 28, 2012 8:29 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Chris Todd is about to prove that a human can walk on water - sort of. The British man plans to cross the Irish Sea in something resembling a human hamster wheel. He walks, the wheel spins, and that powers his homemade vehicle. He's covering 66 miles in two days to raise money for charity. To hydrate, he expects to down 30 liters of water. To celebrate, well, if all goes well, he'll be in Ireland. He says he's looking forward to a cold pint of Guinness. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.