Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Briton Walks On Water In Human Hampster Wheel
Originally published on Fri September 28, 2012 8:29 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Chris Todd is about to prove that a human can walk on water - sort of. The British man plans to cross the Irish Sea in something resembling a human hamster wheel. He walks, the wheel spins, and that powers his homemade vehicle. He's covering 66 miles in two days to raise money for charity. To hydrate, he expects to down 30 liters of water. To celebrate, well, if all goes well, he'll be in Ireland. He says he's looking forward to a cold pint of Guinness. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.