Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Fourth-Quarter Reports: Boeing Profits Up, Amazon Down
Originally published on Wed January 30, 2013 10:44 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with steady profits from Boeing.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Despite having to ground its 787 Dreamliners because of battery trouble, Boeing plans to deliver dozens more Dreamliners this year. And the aerospace company says it assumes the Dreamliner woes will have little impact on its 2013 finances. The big cyberspace retailer Amazon.com reported a drop in profits yesterday. But investors sent the stock surging after seeing strength in some of Amazon's core businesses. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.