Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
Fourth-Quarter Reports: Boeing Profits Up, Amazon Down
Originally published on Wed January 30, 2013 10:44 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with steady profits from Boeing.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Despite having to ground its 787 Dreamliners because of battery trouble, Boeing plans to deliver dozens more Dreamliners this year. And the aerospace company says it assumes the Dreamliner woes will have little impact on its 2013 finances. The big cyberspace retailer Amazon.com reported a drop in profits yesterday. But investors sent the stock surging after seeing strength in some of Amazon's core businesses. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.