Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Originally published on Fri March 29, 2013 11:14 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a good read.
The social website Goodreads, where readers share reviews and book picks, got picked up yesterday by online retail giant Amazon. The price hasn't been disclosed. The co-founder of Goodreads says after the sale closes next quarter, the site will be integrated with Amazon's Kindle eReader. Goodreads has about 16 million members. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.