Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Originally published on Fri March 29, 2013 11:14 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a good read.
The social website Goodreads, where readers share reviews and book picks, got picked up yesterday by online retail giant Amazon. The price hasn't been disclosed. The co-founder of Goodreads says after the sale closes next quarter, the site will be integrated with Amazon's Kindle eReader. Goodreads has about 16 million members. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.