Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Originally published on Tue July 3, 2012 7:53 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with another bye-bye at Barclays.
Barclays' CEO Bob Diamond handed in his resignation today effective immediately. It's the second major departure in as many days. Yesterday, it was the chairman of the big British bank who announced he'd be stepping down. The bank is dealing with a growing interest rate scandal. Barclays allegedly interbank lending rates to benefit its bottom line. Last week, the bank agreed to pay a fine of more than $450 million to British and U.S. authorities. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.