Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
United To Place Major Order With Boeing
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 12:21 pm
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a giant deal for Boeing.
It's a big deal that would be worth billions of dollars for Boeing. United Airlines is set to buy about 100 of its planes - the single-aisle 737s. Boeing would still be behind Europe's Airbus when it comes to new orders for the next generation of narrow body jets.
Today's announcement on United's Boeing purchase has long been rumored. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.