Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Originally published on Wed July 18, 2012 9:57 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Some surprise earnings are at the top of NPR's business news.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Corporate earnings season got under way last week. Investors have been prepared for a lot of bad news but several companies have beaten forecasts. So far, those companies include Coca-Cola, which reported higher income than expected thanks to sales overseas. Mattel has apparently been selling more Barbie dolls or something. It also came out with stronger earnings. Goldman Sachs has not sold any Barbie dolls, but released earnings well above expectations. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.