Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Buzz About Electric Bikes Still Mostly Overseas
Chattanooga has its own electric bike shop, but it's marketing to a tough demographic: Americans. In China and Europe, electric bikes are a popular form of transportation. But in the U.S., we prefer to do all the pedaling ourselves -- or drive a car.
In this segment, Chattanooga resident Lindsey Frost rides an electric bike for the first time, up one of the most daunting hills in the city.