Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Cameron Athletes Disappear From Olympic Village
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:52 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Cameroon's Olympic team was a hit in the opening ceremonies, walking around the track in colorful national costumes. Now several of its athletes appear to have taken a walk, and not the kind that's an Olympic sport. The head of team Cameroon has confirmed that a swimmer, a soccer player and five boxers have disappeared from the Olympic Village. Cameroon is a poor country, so some speculate the athletes are on a quest for a better life instead of Olympic gold. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.