Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Cameron Athletes Disappear From Olympic Village
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:52 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Cameroon's Olympic team was a hit in the opening ceremonies, walking around the track in colorful national costumes. Now several of its athletes appear to have taken a walk, and not the kind that's an Olympic sport. The head of team Cameroon has confirmed that a swimmer, a soccer player and five boxers have disappeared from the Olympic Village. Cameroon is a poor country, so some speculate the athletes are on a quest for a better life instead of Olympic gold. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.