Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Cameron Athletes Disappear From Olympic Village
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:52 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Cameroon's Olympic team was a hit in the opening ceremonies, walking around the track in colorful national costumes. Now several of its athletes appear to have taken a walk, and not the kind that's an Olympic sport. The head of team Cameroon has confirmed that a swimmer, a soccer player and five boxers have disappeared from the Olympic Village. Cameroon is a poor country, so some speculate the athletes are on a quest for a better life instead of Olympic gold. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.