Most Active Stories
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- We're Off To See Appalachia: The Crooked Road Links Rural Music Communities
- Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera at the MACC
By The Numbers
The Case For Chattanooga Arts: Thousands of Jobs, $106 Million Economic Impact
Robert Lynch, President and CEO of Americans For The Arts, discusses the positive economic impact from art and nonprofit arts organizations. Lynch will be a keynote speaker at the February 21st fundraising kickoff event for ArtsBuild. (Lynch will also participate in the Cam Busch Endowed Arts for Health Lecture Series on February 21st.)
In 2010, Lynch’s organization partnered with ArtsBuild (formerly Allied Arts) in Chattanooga as part of a nationwide study. They discovered that the arts generate more than a hundred million dollars’ worth of economic activity in this region.