Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Celebrate Recovery From Addiction
September is National Recovery Month and addiction agencies are gathering at Hamilton Place Mall on Saturday, September 15th to raise awareness of addiction and celebrate recovery.
The Council for Alcohol and Drub Abuse Services, CADAS, is working with the Hamilton County Health Council's Addiction and Dependencies Subcommittee gathering recovery resources and agencies to provide information on alcoholism, drug addiction and the growing problem of prescription drug addiction. Kids on the Block will provide a puppet performance at noon. The good news is that recovery is possible and treatment for the disease of addiction is available for everyone at any age. CADAS provides addiction recovery services for the insured, under insured, and uninsured with a sliding scale for payments if necessary. Through therapy and 12 Step Programs anyone can take back their lives and live free from addiction. Visit every booth at the National Recovery Month Exhibit at Hamilton Place Mall and receive a free t-shirt.