Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Centerstone Offers Training for Potential Therapeutic Foster Homes
Children and youth in the foster care system with therapeutic needs are often placed into homes that have completed additional training to meet the special needs of these youth. Centerstone provides the training free of charge as well as case managers that are available 24/7 and provides advocacy for the children and the foster children as needed. The 12 week program meets every Thursday from January 23 through April 10. Foster home applicants must complete training, applications, home assessment and background checks to be considered as a foster home. Call Michelle Snow for more details at 423.710.5843.
Centerstone also works with agencies to facilitate adoptions.