Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
Centerstone Offers Training for Potential Therapeutic Foster Homes
Children and youth in the foster care system with therapeutic needs are often placed into homes that have completed additional training to meet the special needs of these youth. Centerstone provides the training free of charge as well as case managers that are available 24/7 and provides advocacy for the children and the foster children as needed. The 12 week program meets every Thursday from January 23 through April 10. Foster home applicants must complete training, applications, home assessment and background checks to be considered as a foster home. Call Michelle Snow for more details at 423.710.5843.
Centerstone also works with agencies to facilitate adoptions.