Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Centerstone Offers Training for Potential Therapeutic Foster Homes
Children and youth in the foster care system with therapeutic needs are often placed into homes that have completed additional training to meet the special needs of these youth. Centerstone provides the training free of charge as well as case managers that are available 24/7 and provides advocacy for the children and the foster children as needed. The 12 week program meets every Thursday from January 23 through April 10. Foster home applicants must complete training, applications, home assessment and background checks to be considered as a foster home. Call Michelle Snow for more details at 423.710.5843.
Centerstone also works with agencies to facilitate adoptions.