Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Chattanooga Author David Magee Wins Independent Publishing Award
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Chattanooga author David Magee recently won an IPPY award for his newest non-fiction title, The Education of Mr. Mayfield. The IPPYs are independent publishing prizes, and they honor books that take chances, break new ground, and bring about societal change.
The book won the South East - Best Regional Non-Fiction Award. Set both before and during the civil rights movement, it tells an unusual story about art, racism,and a secret student at Ole Miss.