Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Chattanooga Author David Magee Wins Independent Publishing Award
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Chattanooga author David Magee recently won an IPPY award for his newest non-fiction title, The Education of Mr. Mayfield. The IPPYs are independent publishing prizes, and they honor books that take chances, break new ground, and bring about societal change.
The book won the South East - Best Regional Non-Fiction Award. Set both before and during the civil rights movement, it tells an unusual story about art, racism,and a secret student at Ole Miss.