Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Chattanooga History Center Transforms into Narrative Museum
The Chattanooga History Center is on the verge of opening their newly designed location in the beginning of next year. The museum has teamed up with New York's Ralph Appelbaum Associates, a museum design firm, to create the new center.
Dr. Daryl Black, the executive director of the Chattanooga History Center, claims the new center will be a one of a kind "narrative museum." Exhibits will include narratives and artifacts on the Cherokee Nation, the Civil War, and African Americans.
Moving to Aquarium Plaza in 2011, the Chattanooga History Center has raised over 9.5 million dollars from grants and donations to help with construction of the new museum.