Most Active Stories
- Did Cleveland, TN Really Redefine 'Mile High Club' With $42 Million in Pork?
- Lawyers Dressed in Hoodies and Bluejeans
- Tennessee’s New Breast Density Law Effective July 1, 2014
- Hunter Invitational III Features Contemporary Art By Regional Artists
- UnifiEd is Hosting Debates With the District 5 and District 9 School Board Candidates
Chattanooga History Center Transforms into Narrative Museum
The Chattanooga History Center is on the verge of opening their newly designed location in the beginning of next year. The museum has teamed up with New York's Ralph Appelbaum Associates, a museum design firm, to create the new center.
Dr. Daryl Black, the executive director of the Chattanooga History Center, claims the new center will be a one of a kind "narrative museum." Exhibits will include narratives and artifacts on the Cherokee Nation, the Civil War, and African Americans.
Moving to Aquarium Plaza in 2011, the Chattanooga History Center has raised over 9.5 million dollars from grants and donations to help with construction of the new museum.