Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Chattanooga History Center Transforms into Narrative Museum
The Chattanooga History Center is on the verge of opening their newly designed location in the beginning of next year. The museum has teamed up with New York's Ralph Appelbaum Associates, a museum design firm, to create the new center.
Dr. Daryl Black, the executive director of the Chattanooga History Center, claims the new center will be a one of a kind "narrative museum." Exhibits will include narratives and artifacts on the Cherokee Nation, the Civil War, and African Americans.
Moving to Aquarium Plaza in 2011, the Chattanooga History Center has raised over 9.5 million dollars from grants and donations to help with construction of the new museum.