Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
A Question of Sovereignty
Chattanooga History Center's Cherokee Life and Struggle
In June, the Chattanooga History Center will present two programs about Cherokee culture. One of the programs will be aimed towards a younger audience called Cherokee Life, which happens June 9th at 9 AM. The other program is for adults and is called The Cherokee Struggle for Sovereignty. The Cherokee Struggle for Sovereignty is presented on June 26th at 7 PM. Both programs will be held at the Chattanooga History Center. Garrett Crowe spoke with Dr. Daryl Black, executive director of the center, about the upcoming programs.