Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Chattanooga Physician’s Drug Treatment Could Be First To Fight Preeclampsia
Dr. David Adair, a maternal-fetal medicine specialist in Chattanooga, is working on a drug treatment that could save pregnant women’s lives. Preeclampsia affects between five and eight percent of all pregnancies, and it’s currently an incurable, sometimes-deadly disease. The FDA recently designated the new drug treatment for fast-track review.