Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Chattanooga Senior Group Plans Self-Contained Urban Village
The concept is called Chattanooga Collaborative Senior Housing. It’s the brainchild of local poet and former teacher Finn Bille and his wife Jeanne Bille, a former health care worker. They have retired from work, but they don’t intend to retire from life. They want to live right in the bustling heart of the city with a few close friends. Not a commune, but very similar. Richard Winham talked to Finn and Jeanne Bille who told him they want to be at least as active in retirement as they were in their professional lives.