Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Chattanooga Senior Group Plans Self-Contained Urban Village
The concept is called Chattanooga Collaborative Senior Housing. It’s the brainchild of local poet and former teacher Finn Bille and his wife Jeanne Bille, a former health care worker. They have retired from work, but they don’t intend to retire from life. They want to live right in the bustling heart of the city with a few close friends. Not a commune, but very similar. Richard Winham talked to Finn and Jeanne Bille who told him they want to be at least as active in retirement as they were in their professional lives.