Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Chattanooga Senior Group Plans Self-Contained Urban Village
The concept is called Chattanooga Collaborative Senior Housing. It’s the brainchild of local poet and former teacher Finn Bille and his wife Jeanne Bille, a former health care worker. They have retired from work, but they don’t intend to retire from life. They want to live right in the bustling heart of the city with a few close friends. Not a commune, but very similar. Richard Winham talked to Finn and Jeanne Bille who told him they want to be at least as active in retirement as they were in their professional lives.