Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Chattanooga's Center for Mindful Living Hosts Open House Sunday, September 8th
The Center for Mindful Living, a non-profit center dedicated to teaching and supporting mindful practices, is hosting an open house on Sunday, September 8th from 3 until 5. In a press release from the center, mindfulness is summarized as “the practice of being present and accepting ourselves and others without judgment or fear.”
The 4000 square foot facility is divided into four offices as well as open spaces including a meditation and contemplation room with an adjacent outdoor garden, as well as an education studio, a library and a kitchen.