Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Ultra High Speed
Chattanooga's Got 'the Gig'... But Now, What?
Chattanooga is one of a handful of places in the country where everyone has access to "ultra-high-speed" broadband. EPB offers internet that can download and upload data at a rate of one gigabit-per-second, which is up to 200 times faster than what most American's use.
The service, which EPB has offered for about a year and a half, is a source of pride for many Chattanoogans. Still, there isn't a whole lot people can do with all that bandwidth... at least for now.