Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Ultra High Speed
Chattanooga's Got 'the Gig'... But Now, What?
Chattanooga is one of a handful of places in the country where everyone has access to "ultra-high-speed" broadband. EPB offers internet that can download and upload data at a rate of one gigabit-per-second, which is up to 200 times faster than what most American's use.
The service, which EPB has offered for about a year and a half, is a source of pride for many Chattanoogans. Still, there isn't a whole lot people can do with all that bandwidth... at least for now.