Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
- How Candidates Announce Can Say A Lot About Their Campaigns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Ultra High Speed
Chattanooga's Got 'the Gig'... But Now, What?
Chattanooga is one of a handful of places in the country where everyone has access to "ultra-high-speed" broadband. EPB offers internet that can download and upload data at a rate of one gigabit-per-second, which is up to 200 times faster than what most American's use.
The service, which EPB has offered for about a year and a half, is a source of pride for many Chattanoogans. Still, there isn't a whole lot people can do with all that bandwidth... at least for now.