Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
The Class Menagerie
Wallaceville School was built in 1952 as an elementary school for African-American kids in Chickamauga, Georgia. Eventually, it was shut down and auctioned off as private property. Amy Boortz bought the place a few years ago to fix it up a little. Now, it's filled with life again. But this time, the little ones have tails.