Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Closed Door Entertainment Performs 'Titanic' (the Musical) 4/11 & 4/12
Closed Door Entertainment is performing the musical Titanic, which features an ensemble cast, an elaborate set and Tony Award-winning songs. Although the musical premiered on Broadway in 1997, the same year as James Cameron's film, the musical is not related to the film. Unlike the film, the musical focuses on real, historical people who boarded the doomed ship.
This segment features excerpts from the songs and a conversation with cast members.
Peter Stone, author of the story, says the play "examines the causes, the conditions and the characters involved in this ever-fascinating drama. This is the factual story of that ship-of her officers, crew and passengers, to be sure--but she will not, as has happened so many times before, serve as merely the background against which fictional, melodramatic narratives are recounted. The central character of our Titanic is the Titanic herself."
Closed Door Entertainment will perform it at the Tivoli Theatre on April 11th and 12th. Tickets are on sale now.