Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
Closed Door Entertainment Performs 'Titanic' (the Musical) 4/11 & 4/12
Closed Door Entertainment is performing the musical Titanic, which features an ensemble cast, an elaborate set and Tony Award-winning songs. Although the musical premiered on Broadway in 1997, the same year as James Cameron's film, the musical is not related to the film. Unlike the film, the musical focuses on real, historical people who boarded the doomed ship.
This segment features excerpts from the songs and a conversation with cast members.
Peter Stone, author of the story, says the play "examines the causes, the conditions and the characters involved in this ever-fascinating drama. This is the factual story of that ship-of her officers, crew and passengers, to be sure--but she will not, as has happened so many times before, serve as merely the background against which fictional, melodramatic narratives are recounted. The central character of our Titanic is the Titanic herself."
Closed Door Entertainment will perform it at the Tivoli Theatre on April 11th and 12th. Tickets are on sale now.