Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Coming Up Today: Track And Field Begins; More Swimming Finals
The big news on Day 7 of competition in the 2012 Summer Olympics is that Track and Field events — or, "Athletics," if you're an Olympic scheduler — finally get on the track and field.
Here's a look at Olympic highlights for Friday, and events we'll keep an eye on. All times are EDT:
- 2:30p Women's 200m Backstroke Final
- 2:38p Men's 100m Butterfly Final
- 2:45p Women's 800m Freestyle Final
- 3:09p Men's 50m Freestyle Final
Track and Field
- 3:30p Men's Shot Put Final
- 4:25p Women's 10,000m Final
- 7:00a Men's 50m Rifle Prone Finals
- 9:30a Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Finals
- 11a Women's +78kg Final
- 11:10a Men's +100kg Final
Other Sports - Preliminary Rounds
- 11:30p U.S. women's team vs. New Zealand
- 3:30p U.S. women's team vs. Serbia
- 5:15p U.S. women's team vs. Czech Republic